How should I do the iliotibial-band stretch exercise?

To stretch the iliotibial-band, find a wall that you can lean against. Leaning into the wall with your shoulder, adduct the leg you want to stretch behind your supporting leg until you feel the stretch. Hold this for a minimum of 30 seconds and repeat on the other side. Perform the stretch 2-3 times on each side.

Continue Learning about Flexibility Training

What is the purpose of the latissimus dorsi stretch exercise?
Rick OldermanRick Olderman
The latissimus dorsi stretch exercise restores the latissimus dorsi to its normal length. This muscl...
What muscles should I stretch before and after a basketball game?
Basketball players are prone to tight calves, hips, and lats (latissimus dorsi).  Start your flexi...
Can static stretching make my muscles long and lean?
Dr. Mike Clark, DPTDr. Mike Clark, DPT
Long, lean muscles are dependent upon your genetics. Long muscles are due to short tendons (the ...
What is active flexibility?
Active flexibility focuses on increasing the extensibility and the neuromuscular efficiency of a...