Can I use the foam roller as part of my cool-down routine?

Absolutely!  One of the benefits of using the foam roller on the muscles is that it decreases tension and overactivity and in effect relax them. Since the goal of a cool-down is to help the body return to a more relaxed state after exercise activity, using the foam roller would be the perfect addition to your cool-down.  You can focus only on the areas you challenged during your exercise routine or any areas that feel tense. 

Continue Learning about Flexibility Training

What You Can Do to Protect Your Metabolic Flexibility
You already know that sitting too much is one of the worst things you can do to your health. Around 50 million of you are profoundly sedentary. Sittin...
What can I do for arch pain?
If you have arch pain, you should perform a combination of flexibility and strengthening techniques ...
What is corrective flexibility?
Diane Armstrong, NASM Elite TrainerDiane Armstrong, NASM Elite Trainer
Corrective flexibility is bringing muscles back into proper length. With muscular imbalances, one se...
Are There Specific Stretches I Can Do to Prevent Hip Pain From Occurring?