Can I use the foam roller as part of my cool-down routine?

Absolutely!  One of the benefits of using the foam roller on the muscles is that it decreases tension and overactivity and in effect relax them. Since the goal of a cool-down is to help the body return to a more relaxed state after exercise activity, using the foam roller would be the perfect addition to your cool-down.  You can focus only on the areas you challenged during your exercise routine or any areas that feel tense. 

Continue Learning about Flexibility Training

What is corrective flexibility?
Corrective flexibility focuses on correcting muscular imbalances and altered movement patterns. ...
What is static stretching?
Kristy Lee Wilson - Sharecare Fitness ExpertKristy Lee Wilson - Sharecare Fitness Expert
Static stretching is the most common method used for improving flexibility. Static stretching uses a...
How can I improve wrist flexibility?
National Athletic Trainers' AssociationNational Athletic Trainers' Association
Throughout the day, it is important to continually stretch your wrist to prevent losing your flexibi...
How can I improve my flexibility?
Flexibility can be improved by properly applying a variety of stretching techniques such as various ...