If you buy the whole flaxseed, remember to grind it up in a coffee grinder or blender before you use it. The whole flaxseed will provide a good fiber source, but the helpful Omega 3 fatty acids are not able to be processed by the body in this state. You can grind the flaxseed as you need it and store the whole flaxseeds in your refrigerator to keep fresh.
- Q What are the warnings for flaxseed oil supplements?
- Q Do flaxseed supplements and flaxseed oil help with constipation?
- Q What are the other names for flaxseed oil supplements?
- Q How should I store flaxseed oil supplements?
- Q What are the risks of taking flaxseed oil?
- Q Should I tell my doctor I am taking flaxseed oil?