If you buy the whole flaxseed, remember to grind it up in a coffee grinder or blender before you use it. The whole flaxseed will provide a good fiber source, but the helpful Omega 3 fatty acids are not able to be processed by the body in this state. You can grind the flaxseed as you need it and store the whole flaxseeds in your refrigerator to keep fresh.
- Q How can I get the benefits of flaxseed oil?
- Q What drugs and foods interact with flaxseed oil supplements?
- Q How should I store flaxseed oil supplements?
- Q What should I avoid while taking flaxseed oil?
- Q What are flaxseed supplements and flaxseed oil used for?
- Q How does flax seed work?