If you buy the whole flaxseed, remember to grind it up in a coffee grinder or blender before you use it. The whole flaxseed will provide a good fiber source, but the helpful Omega 3 fatty acids are not able to be processed by the body in this state. You can grind the flaxseed as you need it and store the whole flaxseeds in your refrigerator to keep fresh.
- Q What are flaxseed supplements and flaxseed oil used for?
- Q What are the warnings for flaxseed oil supplements?
- Q Do flaxseed supplements and flaxseed oil help with constipation?
- Q How should I store flaxseed oil supplements?
- Q Should I tell my doctor I am taking flaxseed oil?
- Q How does flaxseed oil interact with other medications and foods?