To get the full benefit of flaxseed, you should grind it. You can purchase ground flaxseed in the health food section of the supermarket. It's often labelled as "milled" flaxseed. If you purchase whole flaxseeds, grind them using a coffee grinder or small food processor. Grind to the consistency of cornmeal or coarse flour. Refrigerate after grinding.
- Q What are flaxseed supplements and flaxseed oil used for?
- Q Who should not use flaxseed?
- Q What are the health benefits of flaxseed?
- Q Do flaxseed supplements and flaxseed oil help with constipation?
- Q How should I store flaxseed oil supplements?
- Q What is the maximum recommended daily dosage for flaxseed oil?