To get the full benefit of flaxseed, you should grind it. You can purchase ground flaxseed in the health food section of the supermarket. It's often labelled as "milled" flaxseed. If you purchase whole flaxseeds, grind them using a coffee grinder or small food processor. Grind to the consistency of cornmeal or coarse flour. Refrigerate after grinding.
- Q How does flaxseed oil interact with other medications and foods?
- Q How does flaxseed oil treat constipation and irritable bowel?
- Q What is the nutritional value of flaxseeds?
- Q What are the other names for flaxseed oil supplements?
- Q What are the health benefits of flaxseed?
- Q Do flaxseed supplements and flaxseed oil help with constipation?