What type of shoes should I wear if I have flexible flat feet?

James P. Ioli, DPM
Podiatric Medicine
If you have flexible flat feet, look for shoes with good arch supports or try an over-the-counter shoe insert. Although there is no best brand, you may find that one fits your foot better than another, so shop around. If your symptoms persist, talk to your foot care specialist about custom orthoses (custom shoe inserts) which may help.

Continue Learning about Flat Feet (Fallen Arches)

What are the disadvantages of having flat feet?
Dr. William S. Lynde, DPMDr. William S. Lynde, DPM
To understand the disadvantages of having a flat foot, one must first understand one of the key func...
If I have flat feet is it important for me to stretch my calves?
Yes, tight calves can lead to flat feet by causing weakness in other muscles of the foot and ankle. ...
What increases my risk for flat feet?
Flat feet are usually inherited, so children are at a higher risk for flat feet if their parents hav...
How to Relieve Hip Pain
How to Relieve Hip Pain