What do I need to know about caring for someone with flat feet?

If you have a child or family member with flat feet, there are a number of ways you can help.

If their doctor recommends that they wear arch supports or other shoe modifications, help them get these devices and remember to wear them.

Many doctors also recommend stretching exercises and limiting certain types of physical activity. So, encourage your loved one to do the exercises and to stay off their feet when possible.

Continue Learning about Flat Feet (Fallen Arches)

What type of shoes should I wear if I have flexible flat feet?
James P. Ioli, DPMJames P. Ioli, DPM
If you have flexible flat feet, look for shoes with good arch supports or try an over-the-counte...
What are rigid flat feet?
Christopher Chiodo, MDChristopher Chiodo, MD
Rigid flat feet is a condition in which there is no arch to your foot, even when you are sitting...
How is posterior tibial tendon dysfunction treated?
The earlier you treat posterior tibial tendon dysfunction, the more likely you are to avoid surg...
How to Relieve Hip Pain
How to Relieve Hip Pain