Do flat feet require surgery?

Flat feet rarely require surgery, but it can be necessary in some cases. If your flat feet are caused by fused bones, surgery might help if other treatment options do not. Or, if your pain is being caused by a tear in your tendon, then surgery might be able to fix the problem. Your doctor will be able to diagnose the cause of the pain and therefore help recommend the best solution.

Continue Learning about Flat Feet (Fallen Arches)

How do I care for fallen arches or flat feet?
Many people with flat feet have no symptoms, but some people with flat feet experience pain and swel...
What are rigid flat feet?
Christopher Chiodo, MDChristopher Chiodo, MD
Rigid flat feet is a condition in which there is no arch to your foot, even when you are sitting...
Should I talk to my doctor about my flat feet symptoms?
If you or your child has flat feet but no symptoms, you may want to talk to your doctor so they can ...
How to Relieve Hip Pain
How to Relieve Hip Pain