Do flat feet require surgery?

Flat feet rarely require surgery, but it can be necessary in some cases. If your flat feet are caused by fused bones, surgery might help if other treatment options do not. Or, if your pain is being caused by a tear in your tendon, then surgery might be able to fix the problem. Your doctor will be able to diagnose the cause of the pain and therefore help recommend the best solution.

Continue Learning about Flat Feet (Fallen Arches)

What are the symptoms of flat feet?
Thomas P. San Giovanni, MDThomas P. San Giovanni, MD
If you have flat feet, the entire sole of your foot touches the ground when you stand or walk. Your ...
Should I talk to my doctor about my flat feet symptoms?
If you or your child has flat feet but no symptoms, you may want to talk to your doctor so they can ...
What type of shoe is best for foot disorders like flat foot?
Dr. Karen L. Gorton, PhD, MS, RNDr. Karen L. Gorton, PhD, MS, RN
You want to find a shoe that fits your foot well and provides the support that your foot needs. This...
How to Relieve Hip Pain
How to Relieve Hip Pain