What is the best way to prevent anosmia?

There are several things you can do to prevent anosmia. It is important to quit smoking, wash your hands frequently to avoid catching upper respiratory infections, and limit your exposure to chemicals, especially insecticides. Anosmia can be caused by smoking, allergies, the common cold, and exposure to chemicals.

Continue Learning about The Five Senses

How can my senses affect my shopping behavior?
Dr. Jennifer Hartstein, PsyDDr. Jennifer Hartstein, PsyD
Our senses are heightened when we shop; information is flooding in that we are processing all at onc...
Does anosmia affect women differently than men?
Anosmia does not affect women differently than men. Anosmia is the loss of sense of smell, which may...
How Can My Senses Affect My Shopping Behavior?
What Are the Main Senses That Babies Use?