What is the best way to prevent anosmia?

Diana Meeks
Diana Meeks on behalf of Sigma Nursing

There are several things you can do to prevent anosmia. It is important to quit smoking, wash your hands frequently to avoid catching upper respiratory infections, and limit your exposure to chemicals, especially insecticides. Anosmia can be caused by smoking, allergies, the common cold, and exposure to chemicals.

Continue Learning about The Five Senses

Does anosmia affect women differently than men?
Anosmia does not affect women differently than men. Anosmia is the loss of sense of smell, which may...
How does the sense of touch work?
Dr. Doris Day, MDDr. Doris Day, MD
Your skin gives you the sense of touch through the myriad nerve endings all over your body. Touch is...
What Are the Main Senses That Babies Use?
How Can My Senses Affect My Shopping Behavior?