Does anosmia affect women differently than men?

Anosmia does not affect women differently than men. Anosmia is the loss of sense of smell, which may be a chronic or temporary condition depending on what causes it. In people with anosmia, damage to the nose or brain prevents the nerves in the nose from communicating to the area of the brain that identifies smells. This condition is not affected by gender.

Continue Learning about The Five Senses

Does my child have a brain problem if he has poor sight or hearing?
Sensory development is a huge indicator of how well the brain is functioning. During the first f...
What are the main senses that babies use?
Babies use all of their senses, even before they are born. Watch this video with Dr. Mike Roizen and...
What Are the Main Senses That Babies Use?
How Can My Senses Affect My Shopping Behavior?