Why is it important to stay focused on the moment?

Focus is absolutely important for your health. It allows us to fully engage and appreciate what we are doing in any moment. Have you ever tripped over the sidewalk? That is probably because you weren't focused. Not every moment requires our undivided attention, but when we are focused on the moment we are able to get things done by realizing what is happening around us. Being focused during exercise is important. It gives you an opportunity to enjoy the endorphins that exercise provides; you feel better because you can leave your daily stressors behind and with awareness, you are better able to move your body through the motions of exercise.

Continue Learning about Fitness Psychology

What kinds of positive feedback should I give?
Positive feedback should be given for intent, effort, growth, change, and development. Positive ...
What is exercise psychology?
Dr. Michelle Cleere - Sharecare Fitness Expert, PhDDr. Michelle Cleere - Sharecare Fitness Expert, PhD
Exercise psychology is a discipline used to help people assess where they are at with regards to exe...
How Can the Power of Positive Thinking Help to Optimize My Workouts?
Does Time Really Fly When We Are Having Fun?