What is positive feedback?

Positive feedback is giving someone positive information about the intent or effort of a behavior performed in a positive, improved or correct way. For example, if it's challenging to get up and get to the gym, a piece of positive feedback would be: "I know how difficult it is to get to the gym and it's great to that you made it today."

Continue Learning about Fitness Psychology

What should I do if I am too shy to exercise in a group?
If you’re too shy to workout in a group, you can always work out by yourself or with a partner.  If ...
How can having a workout buddy help me exercise more?
Ian J. Palombo, MA, NASM Elite TrainerIan J. Palombo, MA, NASM Elite Trainer
Working out with a buddy is one of the easiest ways to help you improve your exercise frequency. In ...
How Can the Power of Positive Thinking Help to Optimize My Workouts?
Does Time Really Fly When We Are Having Fun?