What is positive feedback?

Positive feedback is giving someone positive information about the intent or effort of a behavior performed in a positive, improved or correct way. For example, if it's challenging to get up and get to the gym, a piece of positive feedback would be: "I know how difficult it is to get to the gym and it's great to that you made it today."

Continue Learning about Fitness Psychology

Can positive thinking improve my workouts?
Mr. Donovan GreenMr. Donovan Green
Fitness begins with the mind, not the body, according to Dr. Oz's personal trainer, Donovan Green. W...
How can I use positive feedback to get in shape?
Int'l Health, Racquet & Sportsclub Association (IHRSA)Int'l Health, Racquet & Sportsclub Association (IHRSA)
Positive feedback can help you stay motivated to exercise. A study found that people who self-monito...
Can fear of change be a barrier to improving fitness levels?
Yes, fear of change can keep you from improving your fitness levels especially if you are embarking ...
Can nutrition be a barrier to improving fitness levels?
Nutrition is a major barrier people face when trying to improve their fitness. Your body is very sim...