What can I do if I feel intimidated by the regulars in my exercise class?

Just remember a wide variety of body types and people go to the gym and enjoy fitness classes. No one started off with the perfect body and being amazingly fit. At any modest sized gym you will find a wide variety of body types and fitness levels and a mix of regulars and newbies. Just remember that most people are there to work out and will be too busy focusing on that to worry about anything you think you may be doing wrong.  Try a variety of classes until you find the one that fits you best.

Continue Learning about Fitness Psychology

Can positive thinking improve my workouts?
Mr. Donovan GreenMr. Donovan Green
Fitness begins with the mind, not the body, according to Dr. Oz's personal trainer, Donovan Green. W...
Is it ok to reward myself for exercising?
It is ok to reward yourself for exercising, but be careful of the reward. If the reward contradi...
How can I avoid feeling panic if I miss a day of working out?
Sadie LincolnSadie Lincoln
Even with the best of intentions, life happens and we can’t always work out the way we planned. ...
What qualities should I look for in a buddy to help me be healthier?
Ideally, the best buddy to help you develop healthier habits will have these four qualities: The...