What should I do if I am too shy to exercise in a group?

If you are too shy to exercise in a group, choose an activity you can do on your own, such as following along with an aerobics class on TV or going for a walk.

Remember that everyday activities you do on your own, like gardening and household chores, get you moving and help burn calories.

If you’re too shy to workout in a group, you can always work out by yourself or with a partner.  If you are working with a personal trainer, express your concerns and perhaps they will be able to accommodate you.

Continue Learning about Fitness Psychology