What should I do if I am too shy to exercise in a group?

If you’re too shy to workout in a group, you can always work out by yourself or with a partner.  If you are working with a personal trainer, express your concerns and perhaps they will be able to accommodate you.

If you are too shy to exercise in a group, choose an activity you can do on your own, such as following along with an aerobics class on TV or going for a walk.

Remember that everyday activities you do on your own, like gardening and household chores, get you moving and help burn calories.

Continue Learning about Fitness Psychology

How can I maintain healthy habits?
Grant Cooper, MDGrant Cooper, MD
Some people are able to eat healthy and exercise for several days, perhaps even for a few weeks. The...
How can social networking help me stay motivated to exercise?
Chris PowellChris Powell
Social networking can help you stay motivated to exercise because sharing your goals with others can...
Why is not thinking the key to successful weight loss?
Not thinking, how does that make sense?! There is so much information and methods out there; it can ...
How do I change the factors that keep me from exercising?
Behavior modification starts with an awareness that behavior is either negative or needs improve...