What should I do if I am too shy to exercise in a group?

If you’re too shy to workout in a group, you can always work out by yourself or with a partner.  If you are working with a personal trainer, express your concerns and perhaps they will be able to accommodate you.

If you are too shy to exercise in a group, choose an activity you can do on your own, such as following along with an aerobics class on TV or going for a walk.

Remember that everyday activities you do on your own, like gardening and household chores, get you moving and help burn calories.

Continue Learning about Fitness Psychology

What can I do if I feel intimidated by the regulars in my exercise class?
David BuerDavid Buer
If you feel intimidated in a group exercise setting, it's important to remember that you are there f...
What are the stages of change when it comes to exercise?
Not everyone is in the same place when it comes to exercise. We are not all designed to start an...
Does Time Really Fly When We Are Having Fun?
How Can the Power of Positive Thinking Help to Optimize My Workouts?