What should I do if I am too shy to exercise in a group?

If you’re too shy to workout in a group, you can always work out by yourself or with a partner.  If you are working with a personal trainer, express your concerns and perhaps they will be able to accommodate you.

If you are too shy to exercise in a group, choose an activity you can do on your own, such as following along with an aerobics class on TV or going for a walk.

Remember that everyday activities you do on your own, like gardening and household chores, get you moving and help burn calories.

Continue Learning about Fitness Psychology

How can I avoid feeling panic if I miss a day of working out?
If you miss a day of working out don’t worry or panic. Fitness is a long term journey. You don’t bec...
How can having a workout buddy help me exercise more?
Ian J. Palombo, MA, NASM Elite TrainerIan J. Palombo, MA, NASM Elite Trainer
Working out with a buddy is one of the easiest ways to help you improve your exercise frequency. In ...
Does Time Really Fly When We Are Having Fun?
How Can the Power of Positive Thinking Help to Optimize My Workouts?