How can I maintain healthy habits?

In order for healthy habits to become a lifestyle change the general guidelines are to participate in that activity for six months. Some of the best strategies to continue is education through interaction with peers or health and wellness professionals. This will strengthen the belief in the pros of exercise. It is also important to be aware of barriers to exercise and to anticipate upcoming disruptions.

After 6 months people are in the maintenance stage. Even though you have formed a change in behavior and exercise routine, you are still tempted to return to old habits of less exercise. There are good strategies to help maintain an exercise program is to check in with personal trainers or continue with an exercise log that includes reinforcing pros, progress, set-backs and a change in a workout plan.  

Continue Learning about Fitness Psychology

How can being fat give me an excuse to fail?
Mel Mueller - Sharecare Fitness ExpertMel Mueller - Sharecare Fitness Expert
No.  Fat is a starting place, not a destination in the weight loss game.  Whatever happened to takin...
Why is not thinking the key to successful weight loss?
Not thinking, how does that make sense?! There is so much information and methods out there; it can ...
Can over analysis be a barrier to improving fitness levels?
Over analyzing how to improve your fitness levels can create a significant barrier and cause you to ...
What qualities should I look for in a buddy to help me be healthier?
Ideally, the best buddy to help you develop healthier habits will have these four qualities: The...