How do counselors help with health and fitness programs?

Counselors provide assistance with developing strategies to help you live a more fulfilled life. They will typically encourage self-responsibility, stress management, physical fitness, good nutrition, and the development of overall wellness. Counselors can also be a great resource as you seek to define your motivation for becoming healthier or physically fit. All of these counseling outcomes will help you stay on track as you engage in a health and fitness program.

Continue Learning about Fitness Psychology

Do counselors specialize in health and fitness?
Mr. Donovan GreenMr. Donovan Green
Not all counselors specialize in health and fitness. In this video, I will describe what to think ab...
Why is a big exercise class overwhelming?
In a big exercise class, some people get lost. For example, you walk into an exercise class that...
Can an exercise physiologist help me with a fitness and exercise program?
Todd Townes - Sharecare Fitness ExpertTodd Townes - Sharecare Fitness Expert
Absolutely. Exercise physiologists are well versed in all components required in comprehensive exerc...
What kinds of positive feedback should I give?
Positive feedback should be given for intent, effort, growth, change, and development. Positive ...