Can an exercise physiologist help me with a fitness and exercise program?

Yes. An exercise physiologist can help you with a fitness and exercise program.  Specifically they can help with testing and laying out a specific plan as it relates to exercise. You can also seek out the help of a certified personal trainer who may have exercise physiology background and who has also gone through a certification program to receive a plan that includes assessment and program design of your exercise and nutrition needs.

An exercise physiologist is a great resource for starting a health and fitness program. They are well-informed about assessment techniques, human movement, and program design. An exercise physiologist has studied how the human body functions during different exercise conditions. Many specialize in areas such as cardiology, physical therapy, and sports medicine. Others work in clinical settings and are able to prescribe exercise to individuals referred by a physician.

Absolutely. Exercise physiologists are well versed in all components required in comprehensive exercise programs. A good exercise physiologist can diagnose, design and help implement program best suited to you.

Continue Learning about Fitness Psychology

Does Time Really Fly When We Are Having Fun?
How Can the Power of Positive Thinking Help to Optimize My Workouts?