Do counselors specialize in health and fitness?

Like other disciplines, counselors often have specialties. Counselors who specialize in health and fitness may be credentialed to work with eating disorders or wellness planning. These counselors will typically encourage self-responsibility, stress management, physical fitness, good nutrition, and the development of overall wellness to help their clients avoid illness.

Continue Learning about Fitness Psychology

Can over analysis be a barrier to improving fitness levels?
Over analyzing how to improve your fitness levels can create a significant barrier and cause you to ...
What can I do if I feel intimidated by the regulars in my exercise class?
David BuerDavid Buer
If you feel intimidated in a group exercise setting, it's important to remember that you are there f...
Is it ok to reward myself for exercising?
It is ok to reward yourself for exercising, but be careful of the reward. If the reward contradi...
How can social networking help me stay motivated to exercise?
Chris PowellChris Powell
Social networking can help you stay motivated to exercise because sharing your goals with others can...