How do I change the factors that keep me from exercising?

Behavior modification starts with an awareness that behavior is either negative or needs improvement. This awareness can come from within (you notice you can't play with your kids anymore because you are totally out of shape and out of breath) or it can come from another person (for the first time your doctor makes you aware that you have diabetes). With awareness you can choose to keep the behavior or modify it to something more healthy.

Continue Learning about Fitness Psychology

Can over analysis be a barrier to improving fitness levels?
Serena Rain , NASM Elite TrainerSerena Rain , NASM Elite Trainer
Analysis takes place in your head, while fitness takes place in your body. It's easy to get stuck in...
Can an exercise physiologist help me with a fitness and exercise program?
Joanne Duncan-Carnesciali, CPT,NASM Elite TrainerJoanne Duncan-Carnesciali, CPT,NASM Elite Trainer
As a Registered Clinical Exercise Physiologist I would say yes emphatically.  An exercise physiologi...
How Can the Power of Positive Thinking Help to Optimize My Workouts?
Does Time Really Fly When We Are Having Fun?