Will I reach my goal the very first time I try?

Accomplishing your goals the first time you try depends on two critical things. Success in fitness and life in general, is based upon your personal commitment level to the goal and availability to the necessary resources. If you decide you want to lose 15 pounds because your doctor suggested you do so, and necessarily for any other reason, your commitment level to the goal might be lacking. Lacking commitment means when the road to results gets tough, you will be less likely to persevere and keep moving in the right direction. If you decide you want to lose 15 pounds because you want to look your best at high school reunion on a cruise, then you may have higher commitment levels because the motivation came from within.

As it relates to resources, you can have the greatest commitment level in the world, but if you do not know how to get to your goals, there will be a problem. If you are bound and determined to lose 15 pounds, but have no idea how to eat right, exercise, or track your progress, you are leaving your success up to chance. Let’s face it, accomplishing goals on a first attempt is about as ideal as it gets. In order to do this, arm yourself with the education, tools, and commitment levels necessary to get you where you want to go.

It depends on your goal. It is quite possible that you may not reach your goal on the first try. Most exercise programs will have successes to celebrate and setbacks to learn from. Pave the road to success by setting realistic short-term and long-term goals. Celebrate the accomplishment of each goal. This can help you stay motivated. Avoid set-backs by progressing your efforts slowly. Also, be flexible when things do not turn out as you expected. Instead, think of ways to reach you goal more efficiently. Finally, take care of both your body as well as your mind. Take some time each day to relax by doing something you enjoy such as reading a book or calling a friend. Relaxing will bring you peace of mind and refresh you in time for your next training session.

Continue Learning about Fitness Goals

The New Rx-ercise: Move More, Move Quickly
If you type the word exercise into the Google search window, you’ll get about 1,720,000,000 results. And the available info covers everything from A t...
When should I do aerobic exercise in my workout routine?
It would depend on your main goals and priorities in your workout program. You should perform what’s...
Why should my fitness goals be aggressive?
Mr. Donovan GreenMr. Donovan Green
When it comes to your fitness goals, don't be afraid to be aggressive. In this video, I will explain...
The Benefits of Working Out in the Morning