Why should I have deadlines for my fitness goals?

Think short-term, mid-term, and long-term. Set fitness goals you can achieve tomorrow and in three months. Giving yourself a chance to reach short-term goals will help you move more confidently toward the long-term ones. For instance, if in a year you want to participate in a triathlon, create short-term monthly goals on the distances you want to run, swim, and bike as you gear up for the event. Giving yourself a time-frame also increases the importance of the goal. If you want to look great for a high-school reunion in five months, chances are you are going to focus on what you need to accomplish each month to be ready for the big reveal at the reunion.

Continue Learning about Fitness Goals

The New Rx-ercise: Move More, Move Quickly
If you type the word exercise into the Google search window, you’ll get about 1,720,000,000 results. And the available info covers everything from A t...
How can I use visualization to reach my fitness goals?
Dr. Mike Clark, DPTDr. Mike Clark, DPT
When you picture your fitness successes, you are better able to achieve them because they become...
How can I achieve a fitness goal?
Mr. Donovan GreenMr. Donovan Green
Fitness goals go far beyond losing weight. In this video, Dr. Oz's personal trainer, Donovan Green, ...
Work Your Butt With This Simple Exercise