Why should my fitness goals be aggressive?

Sometimes you have to swing for the home run. If your fitness goal is to increase your strength and you know that you can lift twenty pounds without any real effort, then your goal should be to lift eighty pounds.

Creating goals you can achieve is important, but if you don't push yourself, you might not know what you can really accomplish. Remember that our limits are created by our fears, uncertainties, and doubts, all of which are created from our thoughts. We have the power to control fear, uncertainty, and doubt -- or FUD. This does not mean that you should set goals beyond your ability. If you've never run a marathon, your goal shouldn't be to shatter the world record when running it. Instead, determine what you feel your best effort is, and then set your goal to reach beyond it. Don't sell yourself short!
Mr. Donovan Green
Athletic Training
When it comes to your fitness goals, don't be afraid to be aggressive. In this video, I will explain how you have to want your goals as much as you need to breathe.

Continue Learning about Fitness Goals

The New Rx-ercise: Move More, Move Quickly
If you type the word exercise into the Google search window, you’ll get about 1,720,000,000 results. And the available info covers everything from A t...
What's the best way for me to decide what my fitness goals should be?
Dr. Mike Clark, DPTDr. Mike Clark, DPT
Use the following goal-setting process, called SCAMPI, to not only help you decide what your fitness...
How can rewards help me reach a fitness goal?
Edward PhillipsEdward Phillips
To achieve a fitness goal, give yourself a medal. Don't wait to call yourself a winner until you've ...
When Is the Best Time to Work Out?
When Is the Best Time to Work Out?