Why should my fitness goals be aggressive?

Sometimes you have to swing for the home run. If your fitness goal is to increase your strength and you know that you can lift twenty pounds without any real effort, then your goal should be to lift eighty pounds.

Creating goals you can achieve is important, but if you don't push yourself, you might not know what you can really accomplish. Remember that our limits are created by our fears, uncertainties, and doubts, all of which are created from our thoughts. We have the power to control fear, uncertainty, and doubt -- or FUD. This does not mean that you should set goals beyond your ability. If you've never run a marathon, your goal shouldn't be to shatter the world record when running it. Instead, determine what you feel your best effort is, and then set your goal to reach beyond it. Don't sell yourself short!

Continue Learning about Fitness Goals

3 Ways a Personal Trainer Can Help You Get Fit
Does the Athletic Challenge for Peak Performance Translate to Common Goals for Everyone?
How to Set Smart Goals for Weight Loss and Exercise
What Should My First Exercise Goal Be If I Want to Get In Shape?