What’s the best way to set health and fitness goals?

Effective goal setting stems from the acronym SMART. SMART refers to specific, measurable, attainable, realistic, and timely. SMART goals use the following principles;
• Specific - A specific goal is one that is clearly defined in such a way that anyone could understand what the intended outcome is.
• Measurable- Goals need to be quantifiable. For example, “I want to look better” is not measurable, but “to reduce body fat by 5% in 12 weeks” is measurable.
• Attainable- Attainable goals are the right mix of goals that are challenging, but not extreme.
• Realistic- A goal is probably realistic if you truly believe that it can be accomplished.
• Timely- A goal should always have a specific date of completion. The date should be realistic, but not too distant in the future. For example, set goals that can be achieved tomorrow and in 3 months.

Continue Learning about Fitness Goals

What’s the Secret to Keeping a New Year’s Resolution?
What Exercises Can Improve My Posture?
What Exercises Can Improve My Posture?
3 Ways a Personal Trainer Can Help You Get Fit
How to Set Smart Goals for Weight Loss and Exercise