What is an exercise contract?

An exercise contract is generally made with a fitness professional or coach to help you be accountable for your goals. This contract usually delineates what you need to do to move forward and reach your goals. Exercise contracts can include: start date, end date, long term goal(s), short term goals and a positive reward for reaching your goals. You sign and date it, and it stays in possession of the fitness professional or coach to be revisited each week. The contract gives you and the fitness professional or coach a way to stay on track and a point of conversation about successes, obstacles and challenges.

Continue Learning about Fitness Goals

Should I have short term fitness goals?
Jeff Croswell , NASM Elite TrainerJeff Croswell , NASM Elite Trainer
Of course you should.  Actually you should have a short term goal and a long term goal.  However don...
What type of goals should I set for my fitness program?
Audrey Quick , NASM Elite TrainerAudrey Quick , NASM Elite Trainer
I like SMART goals, Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Realistic and Time-sensitiveI like to set long...
How do I keep track of my goals?
There are many ways to keep track of your goals and how you keep track is really dependent on wh...
3 Ways a Personal Trainer Can Help You Get Fit