What should my first exercise goal be if I want to get in shape?

The first goal should be to identify and correct any possible muscle imbalances you may have developed from your activities of daily living. If you work out and train with these muscle imbalances this will make your workouts inefficient and can possibly lead to injuries due to poor mechanics. By correcting these imbalances you can reduce the risk of injury and improve the quality of you workouts. A movement assessment like an overhead squat assessment will show if you have any muscular imbalances. If any muscular imbalances appear use corrective flexibility training to loosen tightened muscles and active isolated strengthening to improve the strength of weakened muscles. This will bring your bodies joints back into optimal alignment and dramatically decrease your risk of injury.
If you are just beginning to exercise to lose weight or get in shape, don't try to do too much. Overexertion can cause injury. In this video, I will talk about the very first exercise goal you should have for yourself if you are beginning to get in shape.

Continue Learning about Fitness Goals

The New Rx-ercise: Move More, Move Quickly
If you type the word exercise into the Google search window, you’ll get about 1,720,000,000 results. And the available info covers everything from A t...
How can my friends help me get in shape?
Int'l Health, Racquet & Sportsclub Association (IHRSA)Int'l Health, Racquet & Sportsclub Association (IHRSA)
Research continues to support the concept of relying on friends and your social network to help you ...
Do I have to train to have fitness goals with physical activity?
No you do not have to train to have fitness goals with physical activity. When setting goals it’s im...
Work Your Butt With This Simple Exercise