What exercise can help improve forward-head posture?

The best exercise to correct forward head posture is to perform chin tucks or cervical retraction exercise. To perform this exercise follow the steps below:

Preparation

1. Being by sitting with your back flat against a wall.
  2. Place a pad, or towel behind the head.

Movement

1. Draw the navel inward to stabilize the spine.
  2. Relax the shoulders.
  3. Slowly push the head straight backward in to the towel or pad.
  4. Hold the position for 5 seconds and relax.
  5. Repeat movement for 3 sets of 8 repetitions. Perform the exercise daily. 
Rick Olderman
Physical Therapy
The neck extensor stretch exercise improves range of motion in your neck and restores the neck-extensor muscles to their proper lengths. This is a particularly helpful exercise for those with a forward head. For those recovering from an acute injury of less than three months, be gentle when doing this exercise as it may stretch muscles too aggressively.
Fixing You: Neck Pain & Headaches: Self-Treatment for healing Neck pain and headaches due to Bulging Disks, Degenerative Disks, and other diagnoses.

There are two major muscles connecting the shoulder blade to the head and neck. Because the shoulder system isn't working well, continual stress is placed on the head and neck creating...

Continue Learning about Fitness Goals

The New Rx-ercise: Move More, Move Quickly
If you type the word exercise into the Google search window, you’ll get about 1,720,000,000 results. And the available info covers everything from A t...
How do I decide what exercise goals are important?
James Conroy , NASM Elite TrainerJames Conroy , NASM Elite Trainer
Perhaps you can best answer this question with a few simpler, more direct questions. For example, pl...
How much time should I allow myself to reach my goals?
Ask yourself, “what do I want and when do I want it by?” That answer will be your long-term, overall...
What’s the Secret to Keeping a New Year’s Resolution?