How can my friends help me get in shape?

Research continues to support the concept of relying on friends and your social network to help you achieve your fitness and health goals. Working out with a friend, getting to know other people at your health club, using the Internet to connect with others on similar weight-loss journeys -- all of these things help. Go on your fitness journey with a friend or a group of friends and you'll have a much better chance at success.

Don't hang around others who negatively affect your self-esteem or tempt you into living an unhealthy lifestyle. A support network is important in changing bad habits. Stick with those who lift you up instead of bringing you down. Keeping a journal of your moods and emotions throughout the day may open your eyes to how certain people may be affecting you -- in good or bad ways.

Continue Learning about Fitness Goals

The New Rx-ercise: Move More, Move Quickly
If you type the word exercise into the Google search window, you’ll get about 1,720,000,000 results. And the available info covers everything from A t...
How do I work on balance in the water?
Swimming on the back is an excellent way to work on balance. It enables athletes to find their o...
How can using moist heat help me stay on an exercise plan?
Debra Fulghum Bruce PhDDebra Fulghum Bruce PhD
Using moist heat applications to your back or painful area before and after exercise may help you to...
Work Your Butt With This Simple Exercise