How can I burn extra body fat on my waist and thighs?

The body does not take off fat from one specific region of the body at any one time; this concept is known as spot reduction and has not been known to occur in research. Your body loses body fat from all over the body in a generally even pattern. To lose fat around your waist and thighs you must lose total body fat. To do this combine resistance training and aerobic training with dietary changes to lose weight and excessive body fat.

Continue Learning about Fitness Goals

The New Rx-ercise: Move More, Move Quickly
If you type the word exercise into the Google search window, you’ll get about 1,720,000,000 results. And the available info covers everything from A t...
How can muscle imbalances keep me from reaching my fitness goals?
Dr. Mike Clark, DPTDr. Mike Clark, DPT
Many people suffer from shoulder, knee, foot/ankle, and low back pain. These disabilities are of...
How do I keep my exercise goals realistic?
If you've never worked out before, jumping into 4, 5 or 6 days of working out is probably not re...
The Benefits of Working Out in the Morning