Do I have to train to have fitness goals with physical activity?

No you do not have to train to have fitness goals with physical activity. When setting goals it’s important to use SMART goals, which stand for Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Realistic, and Time based. Make a specific goal like “I want to be able to walk for an hour a day within 3 months of today." This goal is specific and has a time based deadline, but is a goal that most people can realistically attain. By having a goal like that you can improve your fitness and overall health without having to train in a gym to achieve it. 

Fitness goals should be based on  what impact you want exercise to have on your life and how you want to incorporate exercise into your life. What do you want to do and where do you want to be tomorrow, the next day, next week or next year?  How much time are you willing to devote to your exercise plan?  How much money are you willing to invest in exercise equipment or activities?  These questions can help you understand the level of commitment you are willing to invest in your exercise goals. Once you gain clarity on your internal reasons and desires to exercise, it becomes easier to narrow down your exericse goals. 

The best way to set goals is using SMART goals. Goals should be specific, measurable, attainable, realistic and time based.

If you have an activity that you love to do then you don't necessarily need a goal.  A lot of people need fitness goals to keep themselves on track but then there are those few people who just love to move!
Well, you don’t have to run the New York Marathon! But you can make simple fitness goals such as walking up and down the stairs for 10 minutes each day, walking the dog around the neighborhood after work, or riding the stationary bike while you’re watching the nightly news.
Once you’ve decided on your physical activity goals, write these down. Keep this written log nearby as a reminder to follow through with your exercise and activity commitment. Now weigh yourself once each week. Notice any changes? If you are cutting out several hundred calories by substituting low-calorie foods and being more active each day, chances are you will notice a drop in your weight. Continue to keep tabs on your weight as you increase your activity. In no time, you’ll meet your goal weight and enjoy the benefits of a lighter, much healthier body.

Continue Learning about Fitness Goals

The New Rx-ercise: Move More, Move Quickly
If you type the word exercise into the Google search window, you’ll get about 1,720,000,000 results. And the available info covers everything from A t...
What are keys to reaching a fitness goal?
Mr. Donovan GreenMr. Donovan Green
The keys to reaching fitness goals are to define and specify what your goals are, commit to those go...
How do I keep my exercise goals realistic?
James Conroy , NASM Elite TrainerJames Conroy , NASM Elite Trainer
First, start by deciding what you want and when you want it. You must have an absolute clarity of vi...
The Benefits of Working Out in the Morning