Do I have to train to have fitness goals with physical activity?

No you do not have to train to have fitness goals with physical activity. When setting goals it’s important to use SMART goals, which stand for Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Realistic, and Time based. Make a specific goal like “I want to be able to walk for an hour a day within 3 months of today." This goal is specific and has a time based deadline, but is a goal that most people can realistically attain. By having a goal like that you can improve your fitness and overall health without having to train in a gym to achieve it. 
Diana Meeks
Diana Meeks on behalf of Sigma Nursing
Well, you don’t have to run the New York Marathon! But you can make simple fitness goals such as walking up and down the stairs for 10 minutes each day, walking the dog around the neighborhood after work, or riding the stationary bike while you’re watching the nightly news.
Once you’ve decided on your physical activity goals, write these down. Keep this written log nearby as a reminder to follow through with your exercise and activity commitment. Now weigh yourself once each week. Notice any changes? If you are cutting out several hundred calories by substituting low-calorie foods and being more active each day, chances are you will notice a drop in your weight. Continue to keep tabs on your weight as you increase your activity. In no time, you’ll meet your goal weight and enjoy the benefits of a lighter, much healthier body.

Continue Learning about Fitness Goals

Why should I set exercise goals?
Eric OlsenEric Olsen
Having precise goals will help you stay motivated, particularly when you think you're too tired ...
Why should my fitness goals be realistic?
Mr. Donovan GreenMr. Donovan Green
It's important to have realistic fitness goals. In this video, Dr. Oz's personal trainer, Donovan Gr...
How do I keep track of my goals?
There are many ways to keep track of your goals and how you keep track is really dependent on wh...
How can I achieve a fitness goal?
Mr. Donovan GreenMr. Donovan Green
Fitness goals go far beyond losing weight. In this video, Dr. Oz's personal trainer, Donovan Green, ...