Good shoes are the ones that fit best and offer good cushioning to support elderly, fragile feet. Where to find them? I suggest taking your parent to a sports specialty store. The one I always recommend and go to all the time is Run On specialty shoe store. They have a great knowledgeable staff on foot anatomy and will give you a good analysis of your parent’s walking movement. Based on that, they will suggest the proper shoes that would be best. Otherwise, select lightweight, flexible outsole, cushioned insole, and easy-grip padded-tongued shoes. You may want to consider no-lace slip-ons for comfier and easy wear.
- Q What should I look for when buying walking shoes?
- Q How do I choose appropriate shoes for a sport?
- Q What shoes are appropriate for playing on turf?
- Q How often should I change my athletic shoes?
- Q How do minimalist shoes differ from barefoot running shoes?
- Q What type of shoes should I wear when exercising?