Why is it crucial to wear well-cushioned shoes for walking or running?

Think of it this way…each stride we take requires support from our entire body. As you walk, your ankles, knees, hips, and lower back all take impact. If you are wearing shoes that do not support that then our bodies will not want to support you! If you are able to be without shoes all the time then you might be ok to work that way. However, most of us have to wear some sort of dress shoe and if you then transition to a shoe without support, well your body will not be happy.

Continue Learning about Fitness Footwear

How should I choose running shoes to prevent injuries?
National Athletic Trainers' AssociationNational Athletic Trainers' Association
It is very important to use supportive shoes during activity for injury prevention. The most importa...
What are toning shoes and do they work?
Ken Cutcher , NASM Elite TrainerKen Cutcher , NASM Elite Trainer
Toning shoes, like the Reebok Easy Tone, are designed to make your muscles work harder by giving you...
How can wearing the wrong sneakers hurt my feet?
Wearing the wrong athletic shoes can cause foot strains, sprains, and pops. A pair of pricey spo...
How do I choose appropriate shoes for a sport?
Consider the sport you're going out for and how much support your foot requires. Different sport...