How can I make my sneakers fit better?

You can custom-fit your athletic shoes to your footfall with an orthotic insert. Some shoes stores have pressure-reading footfall analyzers that customize the insole of the shoe, but you can also visit an orthopedist or podiatrist for a mold or 3-D scan of each foot. These measures reveal if you need more support on your foot's arch, or if you turn your foot in or out when you stride, and can guide your doc to create a perfectly fitted orthotic insert to protect your feet and body from injury.

Continue Learning about Fitness Footwear

How should I choose running shoes to prevent injuries?
National Athletic Trainers' AssociationNational Athletic Trainers' Association
It is very important to use supportive shoes during activity for injury prevention. The most importa...
What shoes are appropriate for playing on turf?
Shoes with molded cleats or screw-ins are best. However, some fields may have specific regulations. ...
What should I look for when buying walking shoes?
Melissa Hatton, NASM Elite TrainerMelissa Hatton, NASM Elite Trainer
The fit and support of the shoes you wear is very important.  You should visit a store that will not...
What Are the Best Shoes to Wear to Protect Your Feet?