What do the zone settings on my monitor mean?

When setting your heart rate monitor, you will need to calculate your maximum heart rate and your target training zone.  The zone settings in the watch will include the lower limit of your target training zone as well as the highest limits.  On most heart rate monitors, you can customize these zones to fit your fitness or performance zones.

Continue Learning about Fitness

3 Secrets to Living—and Loving—an Active Life
Most of us start the new year in love with our new workout gear, only to see it gather dust in the closet a month later. Here's how to keep your inter...
Should I follow the FITT principle for exercise?
Yes the FITT principle which stands for Frequency, Intensity, Type, and Time, should dictate your pl...
Your Exercise Wake-Up Call
Your Exercise Wake-Up CallYour Exercise Wake-Up CallYour Exercise Wake-Up CallYour Exercise Wake-Up Call
Skipping a regular workout can put you at risk for serious health problems, including cancer and Alzheimer’s disease. Learn how exercise protects your...
Dr. Oz Works Out with David Buer
Dr. Oz Works Out with David Buer