Can a yoga instructor help me with fitness and exercise?

Possibly, although you should verify the credentials and experience of the yoga instructor before relying solely on their guidance for a health and fitness program. Yoga is a specialized form of exercise that blends strength, flexibility, and deep breathing, and is not a complete solution for a general health exercise program that should also include cardiorespiratory training. Many yoga studios require that teachers complete a 200-hour training program that involves learning anatomy, philosophy, poses, and teaching technique, but you should look for a yoga instructor who also holds a degree in a health or fitness related field or a personal trainer certification if they are going to be your primary fitness consultant.

Continue Learning about Fitness

Runner’s Workout for Arms and Legs
Runner’s Workout for Arms and Legs
5 Minute Strengthen and Lengthen Workout
5 Minute Chair Workout
5 Minute Chair Workout
How Can I Gauge My Intensity If I Don’t Have a Heart Rate Monitor?