Will fitness help me deal with the daily stresses I face?

Absolutely! Decreased stress levels are just one of the many benefits of exercise.

When we exercise our body releases endorphins, so called feel good chemicals. Have you noticed that you have a more positive outlook after a walk or a workout? That's no conicidence! Science backs it up... exercise can reduce your stress levels.

Also, when life gets crazy, have you noticed that you suddenly fall off your priority list? It is hard to take care of those around us when we ourselves are being neglected. By carving out a few minutes each day, you can take back your "me" time and allow your mind and body to decompress from the day's demands. We can't control the world around us, but we can control how we use our time. So, make a choice to get out there and be active and reap the rewards of exercise!

Fitness is a great stress reliever. Go to the gym or your exercise room at home and work out the tension. Leave all that stress in puddles of sweat on the floor. The activity will get your heart rate up and help you work through the days frustration, plus you burn calories and will feel better afterwards. The exercise will increase your blood flow and improve your cardiac output. 
Absolutely! Stress in these times are higher then ever. The challenges you face on a day to day basis are incredible. Exercise is a great coping response to stress. Make exercise a priority in your life and not only will you feel fantastic you will reap all the benefits that go along with it. Another important factor is a heart healthy eating plan.
Yes! Eating healthfully and exercising regularly, even if it’s as little as daily walking, help you look and feel better - both of which makes EVERYONE feel less stressed when compared to being out of shape.
We are not sure there is a better way to manage stress than exercise. It is well accepted in the scientific community that exercise counteracts stress-related disorders. Exercise has been proven to be a better strategy for treating depression than any drug on the market. The hormonal changes, including the release of endorphins during and following exercise, naturally soothe the entire body. Exercise and proper diet help keep the brain “young” - i.e. improves cognitive functioning by helping maintain the integrity of your brain cells just like exercise and diet improve your muscle cell functioning. And finally, both short-term exercise and long-term aerobic exercise training are associated with improvements in various aspects of psychological functioning. Cross-sectional studies reveal that compared with sedentary individuals, active persons are more likely to be better adjusted, to perform better on tests of cognitive functioning, to exhibit reduced cardiovascular responses to stress, and to report fewer symptoms of anxiety and depression.
Exercise can help you recharge, and eating properly positively affects the way you look and feel. Any way you slice it, fitness creates a happier, more satisfied person. Once you’ve experienced the euphoric feeling of true fitness, it’s locked in your mind and will emanate throughout your body.

We all have stress from time to time, but chronic stress is a contributing factor to heart-related conditions, headaches, and chronic pain. Stress destroys our body from the inside out. You do not have control over some stress, so it is imperative that you do manage what stress you can control, and develop coping skills to deal with uncontrollable stresses. It is crucial to your overall health. First, you must identify what pushes your stress buttons. Then discover what de-stresses you and make it a habit. Try to adopt a positive attitude, laugh, exercise, (exercise metabolizes stress hormones in our blood and increases levels of our built in anti-anxiety hormones calming us.) take a nap, and learn to breathe. Breathing techniques are an efficient and fast way to get control of your stress and calm you down. The best advice I was ever given concerning stress was to “serve myself a beverage and then let it serve me.” One of my favorite pleasures is to sit with a warm beverage in the winter or a cold beverage in the summer and drink it in complete silence. I urge you to try it sometime. It may work for you, as well. 

Absolutely,fitness completely helps deal with stress.  For me personally exercise is medicine for me.  If I go more than 2 days without exercising I start feeling gross and get really crank.  Exercising helps keep the added weight of stress off of me.
The research states that people feel more relaxed after exercise and that exercise reduces the severity of physical and emotional stress related symptoms and illnesses. People report feeling less angry and irritable if they exercise regularly. 

Physical activity also provides biochemical changes in the brain increasing the concentration of positive neurochemicals such as endorphins and serotonin. Exercise is positively associated with changes in brain wave activity allowing for a more calm mental state. 
Well, it certainly can! Exercise is a great way to reduce stress and strengthen your immune system. You can bolster your mood through the “feel good” endorphins that are produced by your body naturally when you exercise. You can build your self-confidence by learning a new skill or mastering a particular movement. You can teach yourself to be patient yet persistent while perusing a goal. You can keep your brain stay healthy and sharp by stimulating it with focused concentration and challenging your co-ordination. You can build a supportive social network by interacting with other people in a positive way. You will benefit from the knowledge that you are doing something good for yourself and that you are worth it!
Yes, fitness can be a great way to cope with life's challenges. By including a fitness routine into your daily life, you are providing yourself with a positive outlet for the stress you accumulate throughout each day. Using exercise as an outlet is a much healthier way to deal with these stresses, and it will provide you with many additional positive health benefits including reducing your risk factors for contracting various adverse health conditions such as hypertension, diabetes, and heart disease. Beyond the physiological benefits, the time you spend exercising can provide some psychological relief as well. Exercising can be a temporary "time out" from the demands of daily life and allows you to focus solely on yourself. Over time, fitness will also allow you to function more easily under difficult situations and thereby hopefully making you able to cope with stress better at its inception. Remember, fitness does not mean you have to devote hours a day slaving away at the gym on treadmills and stair machines. You can find ways to incorporate more exercise and movement into you day. Eventually, you will want to create a routine and program that works best for you.

Continue Learning about Fitness

Meet Donovan Green
Meet Donovan Green
Meet celebrity fitness trainer Donovan Green, author of No Excuses Fitness, creator of the Chair Workout and our expert Fitness Group and Challenges L...
As a Sharecare Transformer, how do you avoid getting bored with exercise?
Mercedes Moebuis - Sharecare TransformerMercedes Moebuis - Sharecare Transformer
I switch up my exercises continuously. I work out about 5 x per week with a combination of cardio an...
Strengthen and Sculpt Your Body Plan
Strengthen and Sculpt Your Body PlanStrengthen and Sculpt Your Body PlanStrengthen and Sculpt Your Body PlanStrengthen and Sculpt Your Body Plan
Add exercise bands to your workout for a leaner, stronger physique.
How Can Exercising with a Friend or Partner Be Helpful?