Why should I use a pedometer?

It is recommended that adults should take a minimum of 10,000 steps per day. A pedometer will help you keep track of how many steps you're actually taking. It is a great motivational tool and keeps physical activity on your mind rather than an afterthought. Physical activity has been proven to reduce the risk of chronic diseases and disorders that are related to lifestyle, such as increased triglycerides and cholesterol levels, obesity, glucose tolerance, high blood pressure, coronary heart disease, and strokes. More importantly, some research indicates that discontinuing (or significantly decreasing) physical activity can actually lead to a higher risk of chronic diseases that are related to lifestyle.

Continue Learning about Fitness

Why should I try new sports in middle age?
If you're middle-aged, it's not too late to try a new sport, whether it's one that was a childhood d...
What summer activities can I do to stay fit?
JJ VirginJJ Virgin
Summer provides a perfect time to get in great shape or take that great shape up a notch. Try doing ...
How do I get my dream body?
Dr. Mike Clark, DPTDr. Mike Clark, DPT
With utilizing good nutrition and exercise habits, you can achieve your dream body.  Use these tip...
John Blievernicht - Everyone is an athlete, if you move.