Why is fitness more important than weight loss?

Fitness is more important than weight loss simply because optimal weight does not always mean optimal health. Often, these weight loss and fitness move in unison; as you become fitter,  you lose weight, as you gain weight you are likely less fit. However, you can be fit and be classified as overweight. In addition, you can have the appearance of being an appropriate weight and be unfit.  

Fitness is described as having good health or physical condition secondary to exercise or nutrition. Optimal weight, however, does not mean you are in good health or in good physical condition; in fact, it is quite possible to be in poor health and poor physical condition even at an optimal weight. The best bet is to maintain a healthy diet and participate in regular physical activity. If you do, you will become physically fit and potentially obtain an optimal weight.    

Continue Learning about Fitness

How Can I Exercise Without Expensive Fitness Equipment?
Kitchen Workout
Kitchen Workout
Dr. Oz Works Out with David Buer
Dr. Oz Works Out with David Buer
10 Minute Energy Blast Workout
10 Minute Energy Blast Workout