What could prevent me from performing cardio exercise?

First, you should consult your doctor to see if there are any underlying symptoms that could prevent cardiovascular activity such as heart problems, or orthopedic issues. Talking to your physician is recommended for all individuals looking to begin or increase current activity levels because certain populations will need to begin exercising at much lower intensity levels. For example, populations such as those affected with hypertension (high blood pressure), coronary heart disease, osteoporosis, and lung disease will all have adjusted cardiorespiratory intensity recommendations.

Continue Learning about Fitness

Increase Your Fitness, Reduce Your Risk for Serious Diseases
If you’re one of the millions of Americans who have gotten the message, “Stand up, move, walk, play, get active,” congratulations! Back in 2011 the CD...
In a Chair? Take a Break
In a Chair? Take a Break
If you spend large chunks of your day in a sitting position, then listen up: It's time for a break. From your chair. Whether you're riding in a car, ...
How does my weight affect the number of calories I burn?
F. Michael Gloth, IIIF. Michael Gloth, III
Your current body size affects the number of calories you will need for a given activity, as well as...
Week 1 Workout
Week 1 Workout