What do I do when exercise feels challenging?

Exercise can feel challenging when we are taken outside of our comfort zones. To help with this, choose a positive way to deal with the discomfort. Try to look at the discomfort as a positive challenge and not as a threat. Think about the last time you were challenged and how you overcame that. Focus on the positive impacts that this challenge will bring. Each time you feel challenged, recite a positive affirmation. If you still feel overwhelmed, then ease off on the load, and try progressing your exercise more slowly.

Continue Learning about Fitness

No Time to Exercise? Let Us Help
No Time to Exercise? Let Us Help
There's plenty to love about classic movies, classical music and even classic comedy, from I Love Lucy to knock-knock jokes. But there's one classic w...
When Should You Exercise?
When Should You Exercise?
Mark Wahlberg, Jennifer Aniston and The Rock all get up in the wee hours to do their daily exercise routine. And while plenty of research supports the...
8 Clever Tips for the Body You Want
8 Clever Tips for the Body You Want8 Clever Tips for the Body You Want8 Clever Tips for the Body You Want8 Clever Tips for the Body You Want
In the words of Mireille Guiliano, author of French Women Don't Get Fat, "Everything is a matter of balance." In other words, getting in great shape ...
How Exercise Boosts Longevity
How Exercise Boosts Longevity