How can I tell if my pedometer is working correctly?

Even the best pedometers are only as accurate as the placement on the person wearing them. Start with the pedometer on your waistband or belt. Then, move it so it’s in line with your kneecap. To test it, set the unit to zero and take 100 steps. See if the number on the pedometer matches the count.

Continue Learning about Fitness

Is Your Workout Paying Off?
Is Your Workout Paying Off?
Investment-minded people know one of the best ways to strengthen a long-term financial portfolio is to diversify investments. Investing your money in ...
What can I do to stay fit when I travel?
Mr. Donovan GreenMr. Donovan Green
One of the best ways to stay fit when traveling is to bring a medium size resistance band. This is t...
5 Smart Ways to Exercise in the Heat
5 Smart Ways to Exercise in the Heat5 Smart Ways to Exercise in the Heat5 Smart Ways to Exercise in the Heat5 Smart Ways to Exercise in the Heat
Whether you're riding your bike or taking a swim, here's how to stay safe during your summer workouts.
What Are the Benefits of Foam Rolling?
What Are the Benefits of Foam Rolling?