How can I tell if my pedometer is working correctly?

Even the best pedometers are only as accurate as the placement on the person wearing them. Start with the pedometer on your waistband or belt. Then, move it so it’s in line with your kneecap. To test it, set the unit to zero and take 100 steps. See if the number on the pedometer matches the count.

Continue Learning about Fitness

How a Bus Ride Makes You Fit
How a Bus Ride Makes You Fit
Not getting the recommended 30 minutes of exercise each day? Then take the bus. Yep, a little public transportation may be just the ticket to getting...
Increase Your Fitness, Reduce Your Risk for Serious Diseases
If you’re one of the millions of Americans who have gotten the message, “Stand up, move, walk, play, get active,” congratulations! Back in 2011 the CD...
4 Attitude Adjustments That Will Help You Actually Enjoy Exercise
Have you ever tried to encourage people to do something they hate—three times a week? I face that problem every day. Pressure doesn’t work. If you ha...
What Are the Benefits of Foam Rolling?
What Are the Benefits of Foam Rolling?