Can planning and organization be a barrier to improving fitness levels?

Being well organized and having a plan is beneficial when it comes to improving your fitness and reaching your goals, but even good things can sometimes be detrimental if they are taken to extremes. If a person obsesses over their plans and spends all their time planning but never doing, then this can create a problem. I have an analytical personality, so I can understand how some people might over analyze things and want everything to be just right before they start a fitness program, but it is hard to steer a parked car.

A compulsive planner who is having a hard time starting the perfect plan can benefit by just diving in instead of procrastinating. However for most people, being organized and having a plan can be a huge benefit to helping them reach their fitness goals.

Yes, it can be but only if you allow it to be. Improving levels of fitness relies integrating exercise and nutrition into your daily life. This can only be accomplished by actively setting aside time for these activities. Planning your workouts ahead of time and organizing your schedule will help alleviate this barrier.

I would like to add one thing to NASM's answer.  That is, you should schedule your workouts and consider them as important as a high priority meeting.  We tend to forget that if we don't take care of "me," there won't be much left to take care of the other important people and things in our lives.

Planning and organization can be a barrier to improving fitness levels only if you let it. The best way to maintain fitness levels is to have a fitness coach plan and organize a specific program for you to enhance and reach fitness goals. The last category to incorporate into planning and organizing a fitness program is to include accountability with your fitness coach to keep you on track and motivated.

Continue Learning about Fitness

How's Your Heart Rate Recovery?
How's Your Heart Rate Recovery?
Use this calculator only if you are physically active on a regular basis. If you're just starting an exercise program, work with your doctor to find a...
Does the Parks and Recreation Department run sports programs?
Yes. Sports programs usually represent what is offered professionally within the city itself. Often,...
7 Low-Impact Workouts That Torch Major Calories
7 Low-Impact Workouts That Torch Major Calories7 Low-Impact Workouts That Torch Major Calories7 Low-Impact Workouts That Torch Major Calories7 Low-Impact Workouts That Torch Major Calories
Lose weight—and go easy on your joints—with these aerobic exercises.
Chair Exercises That Work
Chair Exercises That Work