Is physical activity important for an adolescent child's health?

Physical activity is important for adolescents for many reasons. Physical activity decreases their risk of developing childhood obesity, which in turn dramatically reduces their risks of developing diabetes and heart disease later in life. Regular physical activity in children has been shown to improve test scores and academic achievement, promote stronger bones and muscles, improved motor skill development and improves social skills. Physically active children have also been shown to have higher test scores and are more likely to graduate high school as well as attend college.

Continue Learning about Fitness

Beth Oliver & Darren Treasure: The Mind/Body Connection
Fitness Challenge: You’re Invited
Fitness Challenge: You’re Invited
What Breakdancing Moves Can I Use for Exercise?
Want to Reduce Sweating? Try This Cool Tip