Is there a minimum amount of exercise to remain fit?

Dr. Robin Miller, MD
High intensity, low volume exercise may work. In this video, Robin Miller, MD, reports on a Norwegian study where short bursts of exercise helped increase oxygen in-take and lowered cholesterol and body fat.

Continue Learning about Fitness

Increase Your Fitness, Reduce Your Risk for Serious Diseases
If you’re one of the millions of Americans who have gotten the message, “Stand up, move, walk, play, get active,” congratulations! Back in 2011 the CD...
Get the Most from Exercise DVDs—Without the Hazards
You may be a fan of Jillian Michaels’ BodyShred or Shaun T’s CIZE Dance Workout, but over-sexualized, boot-camp-style exercise DVDs can backfire big t...
Ask Oz and Roizen: Working Out Before Surgery and Staying Germ-Free at the Gym
Q: I’m going to have hip replacement surgery next month and my doctor says I should exercise for a better recovery. How am I supposed to do that when ...
Runner’s Workout for Arms and Legs
Runner’s Workout for Arms and Legs