Is a heart monitor useful when walking?

A heart monitor can be useful at any time. If you want to stay within a certain heart rate range then having a monitor will be much easier than stopping and reading your pulse. Monitors are beneficial to anyone and everyone. Another test would be the talk test. If you are able to talk during your exercise then your exercise level would be moderate. If you are unable to produce full sentences then your exercise level would be considered intense.

Continue Learning about Fitness

The $5 Way to Slim Your Waist
The $5 Way to Slim Your Waist
Here's a simple piece of exercise equipment that costs about $5 but can help you burn over 200 calories in 30 minutes: a hula hoop. Ancient Greeks di...
5 Reasons to Work Out That Go Beyond Weight Loss
5 Reasons to Work Out That Go Beyond Weight Loss5 Reasons to Work Out That Go Beyond Weight Loss5 Reasons to Work Out That Go Beyond Weight Loss5 Reasons to Work Out That Go Beyond Weight Loss
Work up a sweat for these major health benefits. Want to slim down, firm flab and boost your body confidence? Regular workout sessions can help accomp...
John Blievernicht - Everyone is an athlete, if you move.
To What Degree Do I Need to Exercise to Improve My Health?