Is it true to get most from exercise you should never rest during workout?

Recent exercise trends suggest that you move quickly from exercise to exercise to keep your heart rate elevated; that way you benefit from an aerobic component during your weight-training effort.  That’s fine for circuit training, where you exercise different parts of the body, or for the Tabata training method, which encourages very short rest intervals. Otherwise, short rest periods (30 seconds to a minute in duration) between sets and between different weight-training exercises allows for muscle recovery and helps to minimize injuries.

Continue Learning about Fitness

Taking Time Off From Exercise Is More Dangerous Than You Think
The star of the syndicated comic strip, Garfield, is a big, funny, lazy orange cat of the same name. In one installment, Garfield’s owner, Jon, tells ...
How many times a week should I do a hard workout?
Obi ObadikeObi Obadike
I would advise doing a difficult workout no more than two to three times a week because you need a c...
Your Exercise Wake-Up Call
Your Exercise Wake-Up CallYour Exercise Wake-Up CallYour Exercise Wake-Up CallYour Exercise Wake-Up Call
Skipping a regular workout can put you at risk for serious health problems, including cancer and Alzheimer’s disease. Learn how exercise protects your...
Tyson Beckford’s Ab Regimen
Tyson Beckford’s Ab Regimen