How can I start exercising if i'm out of shape?

If you are out of shape but otherwise healthy, you should start exercising for 20 to 30 minutes at a time, three to five days a week. Over time, slowly increase to the recommended 150 minutes per week (30 minutes at least five days per week). It is important to increase exercise duration slowly so that your body is allowed to adjust if you have been inactive for some time. You can also choose to start with brisk walking and then progress to jogging or running. Choose an activity that you will find enjoyable. If you a male over 45 years old, a female over 55 years old or if you are unsure if you are healthy enough to exercise, consult with your doctor before starting an exercise routine.

Continue Learning about Fitness

5 Reasons to Work Out That Go Beyond Weight Loss
5 Reasons to Work Out That Go Beyond Weight Loss5 Reasons to Work Out That Go Beyond Weight Loss5 Reasons to Work Out That Go Beyond Weight Loss5 Reasons to Work Out That Go Beyond Weight Loss
Work up a sweat for these major health benefits. Want to slim down, firm flab and boost your body confidence? Regular workout sessions can help accomp...
To What Degree Do I Need to Exercise to Improve My Health?
How Exercise Boosts Longevity
How Exercise Boosts Longevity
Standing Core Workout
Standing Core Workout