How can I stay in shape if my new baby isn’t sleeping and I’m so tired?

If you’re fatigued and constantly tired it may be a good idea to rest and let your body recover. You can maintain most of your fitness by simply being active and taking care of your new baby and all the duties involved in that. Exercising in a sleep deprived state can often be counterproductive since you may not be able to maintain good form and may have chronically high levels of stress hormones which can break down lean muscle mass. Get your rest, and when the baby is sleeping through the night get back to your old fitness routine.

Continue Learning about Fitness

In a Chair? Take a Break
In a Chair? Take a Break
If you spend large chunks of your day in a sitting position, then listen up: It's time for a break. From your chair. Whether you're riding in a car, ...
10 Minute Energy Blast Workout
10 Minute Energy Blast Workout
Break a Sweat to Sleep Better and Fight Depression
What Are the Benefits of Foam Rolling?
What Are the Benefits of Foam Rolling?