How can I get rid of the fat around my hips?

Unfortunately, science has yet to determine a way to spot reduce fat without performing medical procedures.  However, with proper diet and exercise, you can whittle down that fat in no time!  Essentially, getting rid of the fat around your hips requires not only challenging the muscles of the hips, but the entire body with a variety of resistance training exercises while also monitoring calorie intake to ensure that a deficit has been created.  By creating a caloric deficit, the body will be forced to use stored body fat for energy, including the fat from around your hips.  Unfortunately, at what point this occurs in your program is highly individual and influenced by genetics.  Once body fat levels drop significantly, the muscles in your hips should begin to show, giving you the look that you desire.

Continue Learning about Fitness

Exercise to Get Smart
Exercise to Get Smart
Whenever I'm trying to figure out a solution to a particularly thorny problem, my first instinct is to go for a walk, hop on my bike, or take off on m...
Rejuvenate Your Love of Exercise With These Tools
Exercise of any kind should be fun. After all, it’s basically playing. But it doesn’t strike a lot of folks like that. The Centers for Disease Control...
Are the instructors teaching for the Parks and Recreation Dept. certified?
Jara Soost , NASM Elite TrainerJara Soost , NASM Elite Trainer
I am very happy to say that the Parks and Rec Department here (Gillette, Wyoming) only hires certifi...
How Can I Exercise Without Expensive Fitness Equipment?