What is the minimum amount of exercise I should do to stay healthy?

If your goal is to lose weight, 30 minutes might work if you watch how much you eat. If you are not watching your calories you would need to exercise either a little longer or add intensity to lose the weight.

The minimum amount of exercise needed to maintain your health is 150 minutes of moderate activity or exercise or 75 minutes of vigorous activity performed a week. Moderate exercise is activities that raise your heart rate and core temperature but allow you to talk and carry on short conversations. Vigorous exercise is of a high enough intensity that you cannot talk to another person except to give very short answers.

Continue Learning about Fitness

5 Fun Summer Workouts
5 Fun Summer Workouts5 Fun Summer Workouts5 Fun Summer Workouts5 Fun Summer Workouts
Skip the gym and head outside for these fun, calorie-burning workouts. When the weather is gorgeous, who wants to work out in a gym? Not only does out...
How to Bust Through a Weight-Loss Plateau
Chair Yoga
Chair Yoga
How Should I Use My Treadmill If I Want to Lose Weight?