How much exercise do adults need?

The more you exercise, the better. Adults should engage in moderate-intensity physical activities for at least 30 minutes on five or more days of the week, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention/American College of Sports Medicine.

Adults should strive to get at least 30-minutes of moderate to intense exercise most days of the week.  This number is a guide and one that should be maintained or exceeded.  Many Americans get less than the recommendation so help change that stat and stay active!

Continue Learning about Fitness

How does exercise affect insomnia?
Individuals who exercise frequently do not often suffer from insomnia since exercise often induc...
What are the benefits of changing up my exercise routine?
Dr. Darria Long Gillespie, MDDr. Darria Long Gillespie, MD
Switching up your workouts -- rather than doing the same thing day after day -- has many benefits. F...
Is fitness more important than weight?
Dr. Vonda Wright, MDDr. Vonda Wright, MD
A recent study in the Journal of the American Medical Association found that for overall health, fit...
How Can I Change My Body Shape?
How Can I Change My Body Shape?