How hard should women exercise?

Obi Obadike
Fitness
First of all I don’t think the difficulty of an exercise should be dependent on the sex of the individual. Studies have shown that women have the ability to train very hard with no negative residual effect. I think for both men and women for basic minimum fitness goals that they should weight-training and doing cardio at least a minimum of three days a week.
Henry S. Lodge, MD
Women are meant to run hard, to swim hard, to dance hard and to sweat hard. Sex does not matter in this. All that counts is how often you show up and how hard you work.
Younger Next Year for Women: Live Strong, Fit, and Sexy - Until You're 80 and Beyond

Co-written by one of the country's most prominent internists, Dr. Henry "Harry" Lodge, and his star patient, the 73-year-old Chris Crowley, Younger Next Year for Women is a book of hope, a guide to...

Continue Learning about Fitness

Sex Does Not Inhibit Athletic Performance
 In 2007, Sylvester Stallone gave up having sex in order to improve his performance as Rocky in his movie Rocky Balboa. That’s taking the commonly hel...
Can I really boost calorie burning at rest?
Neal SpruceNeal Spruce
Yes, adding lean body mass through progressive resistance training can help boost calorie burn at re...
6 Ways You Are Sabotaging Your Workout
6 Ways You Are Sabotaging Your Workout6 Ways You Are Sabotaging Your Workout6 Ways You Are Sabotaging Your Workout6 Ways You Are Sabotaging Your Workout
Reap the benefits of your time at the gym by dodging these workout no-nos.
Squat-Free Leg Exercises
Squat-Free Leg Exercises